Just have faith in me…this one last time. But…I’ve waited too long, I need to be with you now. Blair trust me. Letting me go is the right thing to do. No, don’t get on the plane…
1. When you’re 13, and your mother still stumbles over her words, r’s sitting on heavy tongues, unsure of the vowels in her mouth, do not get mad. Do not get embarrassed. Think of rivers she has bathed in, the smell of sandal paste lingering around her. She is your home.
2. Don’t ever let someone call you exotic. You’re a warrior, angry
and brash and beautiful. You are the daughter of Karachi and the grandchild of Delhi. Your blood holds the rivers of Sri Lanka. YOU. ARE. NOT. EXOTIC.
3. When you get told to go back to your country at 18, in a bar filled with rowdy boys who want to know what it’s like to taste foreign pussy, and you refuse, start screaming. Start yelling and don’t stop till you get kicked out. They want to know how you taste, well, they better know how to swallow a burning flame.
4. There will be days you hate yourself, where you will want to rip off your skin, burn the ashes, praying that tomorrow you will be lighter, your bones less weary, and you will look less foreign, less like a target, less, less, less.The tears wont stop. these days are the worst.
5. You are beautiful. From the shadows of the Ganges on your cheekbones to the arches of your feet, you are beautiful. Stop looking at that box of Fair and Lovely. You don’t need it. Throw it out.
6. When relatives start dropping hints about marriage, pretend you have a call waiting and instead go play fruit ninja in an isolated room for 4 hours.
7. Learn to strike back when people start making fun of your country, when they talk about terrorism, talk about outsourcing, talk about existing. Don’t let them erase your identity. Don’t let them take even that away from you.
8. YOU. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.
9. the sun is shining and she’s been wanting to kiss you for so long. don’t keep her waiting."
"I am going to ask you one more time. Who are you?”
connor walsh??? nah what an aristocratic jerk what a— [trips] [millions of photos of connor walsh spill out of jacket] w-what a fuckign loser i— these arent mine im just… [gathering them up frantically sweating] listen i just— listen fuck [thousands more pictures of connor walsh scatter across the floor] shit fcuk im holding them for a friend just listen